Like Yahtzee (and Yacht), the object is to fill in each category on the score sheet and make the highest score. Differences in gameplay include:
- Crag uses three dice (rather than five).
- You only get two rolls per turn (rather than three).
- There are 13 categories:
- 1's = Total of all 1's
- 2's = Total of all 2's
- 3's = Total of all 3's
- 4's = Total of all 4's
- 5's = Total of all 5's
- 6's = Total of all 6's
- Low Straight (1-2-3) = 20 points
- High Straight (4-5-6) = 20 points
- Odd Straight (1-3-5) = 20 points
- Even Straight (2-4-6) = 20 points
- Three of a Kind = 25 points
- Thirteen (2-5-6 or 3-4-6) = 26 points
- Crag (1-6-6 or 3-5-5 or 5-4-4) = 50 points
- There is no "Chance" category.
- There is no bonus scoring.
The player with the highest score after filling all 13 categories is the winner!
The web site dice-play has a nice description of the rules, as well as an excellent score sheet you can print out.
See also: Other Dice Game Rules