Mensa Select 2013 Winners
This year's Mind Games competition was held in Arlington, Texas, with more than 300 players reviewing the 54 game entries through forty-eight hours of nonstop board game action. After the marathon game-playing sessions, members of American Mensa named five new games as Mensa Select®. In alphabetical order, this year's winners are:
- Forbidden Desert: "Gear up for a thrilling adventure with this cooperative game to recover a legendary flying machine buried in the ruins of a desert city." Published by Gamewright Games.
- Ghooost!: "Play your cards wisely to get rid of all the ghosts, undead, vampires, zombies and other spooky creatures haunting your manor." Published by IELLO.
- KerFlip!: "Fast anagram fun! Shout your word first to earn more points for tiles you use. Used tiles are then flipped and worthless. Ingenious cleanup built right into the box." Published by Creative Foundry Games.
- Kulami: "A fun tactical game for two players that keeps you hanging until the last move is made! Players take turns on the ever-changing board." Published by FoxMind Games.
- Suburbia: "A tile-laying game in which each player tries to build up an economic engine and infrastructure that will be self-sufficient, profitable, and encourage population growth." Published by Bezier Games.
Mensa Select winners are chosen annually at the Mensa Mind Games® competition. During the competition, Mensa members play and rate new board and card games. The five games that rate the highest are named Mensa Select and may display the Mensa Select seal on their packaging.
"Mensa Select games are enjoyable and challenging games for everyone," said Greg Webster, Chief Judge of this year's Mind Games event. "We hope our insights can help guide fellow game players on their quest for the best games for their collection and connect manufacturers with board game loving fans everywhere."
Based in Arlington, Texas, American Mensa is an organization open to anyone who scores in the top two percent on an accepted, standardized intelligence test. More information about the organization may be found at www.us.mensa.org. More information about Mind Games may be found at www.mindgames.us.mensa.org.
See Also: Mensa Select winners from previous years.
Mensa Select®, Mensa Mind Games®, and the Mensa Mind Games logo are registered trademarks of American Mensa.
Game images courtesy Mensa.